- Chicken-1 lb(I usually use chicken bones like neck,wings)
- Mung dal-1/2 cup
- Onion-1 medium(chopped)
- Red chili powder-1/2 ts
- Turmeric powder-1/2 ts
- Cumin powder-1/2 ts
- Garam mashala powder-1/2 ts
- Ginger paste-1 ts
- Garlic paste-1 ts
- Oil-3 Tbs
- Salt-1 ts or your choice
- Saute mung dal around 1 minute. Soak dal in water around 15-20 minutes. Wash,drain water and keep aside.
- Clean and wash chicken pieces. Drain water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and fry until tender. Add all powder and paste ingredients and stir in medium heat around 1 minute.
- Add dal. Stir around 1 minute and then add chicken. Stir until all liquid evaporated and oil comes out by the side of the pan.
- Add 3 cup water. Cover the pan with lid. Cook it in medium heat. Cook until dal and chicken become tender and your desired gravy comes.
- Enjoy with plain rice, roti.