- Green mango (cut in cube) -1 cup
- Pineapple (cut in cube)- 1 cup
- Tomato (cut in cube) - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Prune - 7-8
- Raisin- 10-15
- Whole red chili (cut in half)- 3-4
- Panch foron - 1/2 ts
- Black pepper - 1/4 ts
- Red chili powder- 1/2 ts
- Salt- 1 ts or to taste
- Sugar- 2 Tbs
- Oil- 4 Tbs
- Heat oil in a pan. Add panch foron in the hot oil and let it temper for few seconds. Then add the whole red chili pieces and fry them for few seconds.
- Now add the green mango, pineapple, tomato one by one. Add the black pepper, red chili powder and salt; and mix them. Add little bit of water and cover the pan. Cook them in medium low heat until the fruits become soft.
- Mix all the fruits well until they break out. Then add the prune, raisin and sugar; and cover the pan. Cook them for another 5 minutes and then turn off the.
- Enjoy your mixed fruit chutney with khicuri or polau or biryani.
Gopa Rani Nondi
South Carolina, USA