In this recipe, we have broiled the whole eggplant. First wash the eggplant and soaked the water from the outside with a paper towel and then brush around 1 Tbs oil all over the eggplant and cover it with foil paper and broil it in the oven for around 40-45 minutes or until it become soft in the inside.
Turn off the oven and keep the eggplant to cool down. Then peel the skin, mash the flesh properly.
Add onion, chili, salt and coriander leaf, and mix them properly.
Enjoy with plain rice.
- Whole eggplant -1
- Mustard oil- 1 Tbs
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Green chili- 4-5 pieces or your choice (you can chop it or you can dry roast it first & then mash it.)
- Coriander leaf(chopped)- 2 Tbs(optional)
- Salt - 1 ts or to yours taste
- Roast the eggplant until it become soft. Several ways to roast the eggplant :
- The best way is to roast the eggplant on top of the burner. In this way carefully turn the side and roast all the side of eggplant. Roast it until the skin seems roast and inside of the eggplant become soft (be careful about your fire alarm because this process may switch on the alarm ).
- Another way is to broil the whole eggplant. For this brush oil all over the eggplant, cover it with foil paper and broil around 40-45 minutes or until it become tender.)
- If you do not have the above two option than you can bake the whole eggplant to make it soft. In this way first prick the eggplant with a fork and bake it in a preheated oven at 400°For until it become tender or until the flesh yields easily to pressure.