- Rice flour-1 cup
- Atta flour-1/2 cup
- Jaggery (grated) / Brown sugar-3/4 cup or according to your taste
- Salt-1/4 ts
- Oil- for deep fry
- Soak jaggery with little warm water and mix well. There should not be any lumps.
- Put rice flour and flour to a mixing bowl. Mix well. Add jaggery and knead well. Add little warm water and make a batter. The batter should be thick like cake batter. Cover the bowl and keep it around 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Take a deep round shape spoon. When the oil become hot enough take a spoon full batter and add to the oil.
- If oil is heated perfectly then pitha will remain in the bottom for few seconds and then puffs up. When it puffs up flip the side and fry.
- Then take out on a paper towel to soak the extra oil.