- Eggplant - 1 medium size (around 250 gram)
- Red chili powder- 1/2 ts
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 ts
- White mustard paste- 2 Tbs
- Green chili paste- 1 ts
- Grated coconut- 1 Tbs
- Black cumin - 1/2 ts
- Salt- 1 ts
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Wash the eggplant and then cut it into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Take them in a bowl, add the red chili powder, turmeric powder and 1/2 ts salt; and mix them well. Keep it aside for around 10 minutes.
- Now heat half of the oil in a pan and fry the eggplant pieces until it become little soft and a light brown color on both of the sides.
- Take them out on paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Heat the rest of the oil. Add the black cumin seed into the oil and let it temper for few seconds.
- Then add the mustard paste, green chili paste, grated coconut and 1/2 ts salt; and fry them in a medium heat until the oil come out. Add around 1/4 cup of water and mix with masala.
- Carefully add the fried eggplant pieces on the gravy, cover the pan and let it cook for around 3-4 minutes.
- When the gravy become thick turn of the heat and take them out on a serving dish.
- Decorate with fried onion and serve with pulao or khicuri.