- Raw papaya-1.5 kg
- Sugar-1 cup or according to your taste
- Milk powder-1 cup
- Ghee- 2 Tbs
- Cardamom- 2 stick
- Green food color-few drop
- Vanilla essence-few drop
- Almond for decoration
- Peel and cut papaya into small pieces.
- Boil papaya with water. Boil it until papaya become nicely tender and water evaporates.
- Now mash papaya and make a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cardamom and stir. After 1 minute add papaya paste and stir.
- Now add sugar and stir occasionally. When halwa start to become thick add milk powder and stir continuously.
- Prepare the mixture of food color with 2 Tbs water.
- Add food color and stir continuously until it comes to a halwa consistency that do not stick to the pan. Add vanilla essence and stir.
- Garnish your halwa with some nuts and raisin.