- Peel the banana and mashed it smoothly.
- Take rice flour, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder in a bowl and mix them well to distribute all things evenly.
- Now take the mashed banana in a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients small amount at a time and knead them. Add water slowly and make it like a dough consistency. Knead the dough well to make it smooth and lump free. Then keep the dough to rest for about half an hour or more.
- Divide the dough to small balls. Brush little oil on a plate, take a ball and press it on the plate to make it around 1/2 cm oval shaped disk(like shown in the picture).
- Heat oil in a medium high heat. When oil is heated enough put one pitha into the oil. If oil is heated perfectly then pitha will remain in the bottom for few seconds and then puffs up. When it puffs up flip the side and fry few seconds and then take out on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.(don't fry pitha too much, otherwise it will become hard)
- Fry all the rest of pitha in the same process and serve hot.