- Flour-1.5 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Baking powder-1 ts
- Milk powder-2 Tbs
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Oil-3/4 cup
- Ghee-1/4 cup
- Salt-1/4 ts
- Orange skin(finely grated)/vanilla food flavor-1 ts
- Cardamom powder-1/2 ts
- Pistachios/Almond(chopped)- 2Tbs
- Oil- for spray
- Take all dry ingredients(flour, milk powder, baking powder, cardamom powder) in a bowl and mix it well so that all ingredients distribute evenly.
- Now take eggs in a deep bowl and beat it well with the beater. When eggs start to become foam add milk, oil, sugar, ghee, vanilla extract/orange skin,salt, and beat it well.
- Then in the liquid mixture add small amount of dry mixture at a time and mix it gently with with a rubber spatula or big wooden spoon. In this process add the rest of dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and mix it well until all things incorporated (remember do not over mix the batter otherwise the cake will not rise properly).
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C. In the mean time spray oil in a 10 inches baking pan and pour the batter on it. Spread the chopped Pistachios/almond on it.
- Now put the pan into the oven and bake it around 40 to 45 minutes. For better result start to check your cake after 30 minutes with a spoon.To check insert a spoon into the cake and if it comes out clean then your cake is done.
- Take out your cake from oven, keep it to cool down to room temperature and then server your cake.
(Columbia, SC, USA)