- Besan/Gram flour/Chickpea flour- 1 cup
- Clarified butter/ghee/oil-1 Tbs
- Water-1/2 cup
- Orange/red food color-1/4 ts
- Oil- for deep fry
- Sugar-1 & 1/2 cup
- Water-1 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/4 ts(optional)
- Boondi maker(kind of a flat spoon with hole)
- Take besan in a mixing bowl, add ghee and water and mix them well so that no lump remain in the batter.
- Now separate half of the batter in another bowl and add food color in it.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan to make syrup. When syrup start to boil, lower the heat and keep it in lower heat to simmer.
- Heat the oil to a medium heat. When oil is heated enough, place boondi maker over the oil, pour some batter on the spoon and slowly tap the spoon to drop the batter in the oil like small size balls. If pan become full, stop to drop batter and fry the boondi until they all become light golden brown.
- Then take them out from oil and put in the syrup. Fry the rest of the batter in the same process and put them in the syrup. Occasionally mix boondi with syrup.
- When all batter is done turnoff the heat and mix all boondi with syrup, then move them to a plate and keep them to cool down slightly to handle with hand.
- Now take your desire amount of boondi in your pulm and press them to make a round ball. Once form the round shape press little harder to form a tight ball. In the same process make all the laddu.
- Serve your laddu to make everyone happy.