- All purpose flour-2 and 1/2 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup(cold & cut into small pieces)
- Milk-3/4 cup
- Sugar-1 Tbs or according to your taste
- Baking powder-2 and 1/2 ts
- Salt-1 ts or according to your taste
- For brush-1 egg(beaten) + 1Tbs milk
- Garlic powder (optional)- 1 Tbs
- Beat the egg and 3/4 cup milk in a bowl, and set it aside.
- Put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar to a mixing bowl and whisk them together. Put the butter in the flour and mix it with your fingertip to form a coarse crumbs. Then add egg and milk mixture and gently mix it to form a dough.(the dough should be sticky and moist)
- Place some flour on a dry chopping board. Put the dough on it and knead gently until it become smooth (dough should not be over mix).
- Divide the dough into small pieces, round them with your hand and place them on a baking tray. (or you can roll out the dough to about 1/2 inches thickness and can cut with your desired cookie cutter)
- Mix 1 Tbs milk with beaten egg. Then brush the tops of the biscuits with this mixture. Then if you want you can spread little garlic powder on top of it.
- Preheat oven 400 degree F. Place the tray in the middle rack of the oven and bake around 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Check it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then remove them from the oven and enjoy your biscuits.