- Bottle gourd- 500gm
- Onion paste- 6 ts (you can use around 1/2 cup chopped onion instead
of onion paste )
- Garlic paste-2 ts
- Cumin powder -3/4 ts
- Turmeric powder-1ts
- Green chili paste- 1 ts or to your taste (you can use 5-6 pieces
stilted green chili instead of paste)
- Salt- 1 ts or to taste
- Oil- 1/4 cup
- Cilantro (chopped)- 2 Tbs (optional)
- Wash the bottle gourd, peel it and then cut it around 1/2 inch slices. And wash the shrimp and set them aside.
- Pour oil in a pan and heat it in a medium heat. Add onion paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt in the oil one after another, and stir them. Stir the masala around 3-4 minutes or until oil starts to separate from the masala. Then add the shrimp and bottle gourd pieces and stir them to mix with masala. Keep this in medium heat for around 10 minutes (stir them occasionally).
- After that add around 1 & 1/2 cups of warm water in it and bring it to a boil. Then cover the pan, lower the heat to medium low and cook them around 15-20 minutes or until the bottle gourd become tender.
- Now spread the chopped cilantro over the curry and let the curry simmer in low heat for 1-2 minutes.Then turn off the heat. Your curry is now ready to serve.