- Beef-1 kg
- Onion-1 cup(chopped)
- Red chili powder-1 ts or your choice
- Turmeric powder-1 ts
- Ginger paste-1 Tbs
- Garlic paste-1 Tbs
- Cardamom-7-8 pieces
- Cinnamon stick-4 pieces
- Bay leaves-4 pieces
- Panch foron-3 ts
- Tomato-2 large(finely chopped)
- Plain yogurt-1/2 cup
- Mustard oil/ oil-around 1/2 cup
- Salt-1 ts or your choice
- Cut beef medium size. Wash and drain water.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cardamom,cinnamon stick,bay leaves and panch foron. Stir around a minute. Add onion and stir until onion become light brown. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir for few seconds. Add beef and stir thoroughly to coat well with all spices.
- Cook until all liquid evaporated and oil comes out by the side of the pan.(when liquid reduced,stir continuously) Add around 3 cup water.Cover the pan with lid and cook in lower medium heat until meat become nicely tender and liquid looks thick and gravy.(you may also use a pressure cooker. If use, add around 2 cup water and bring it to boil. Cover it and cook in medium heat around 15-18 minutes.)
- Serve your beef with khicuri or parata.