For the filling
- Ground beef/ chicken- 1/2 lb
- Ginger paste-1 ts
- Garlic paste-1 ts
- Turmeric powder-1/2 ts
- Cumin powder-1/2 ts + 1/2 ts
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 ts + 1/2 ts
- Black pepper -1/4 ts
- Salt -1/4 ts
- Carrot(shredded)-1 cup
- Cabbage((shredded)) -1 cup
- Onion(chopped)- 1 cup
- Green chili(chopped)-1 Tbs
- Coriander leaves(chopped)- 1Tbs
- Ajinomoto/Tasting salt-1/2 ts
- Salt-1/2 ts + 1/2 ts
- Soy sauce - 1 ts
- Milk - 1 Tbs
- Oil -1/4 cup
For the dough:
- Flour -1 cup
- Oil- 2 Tbs
- Salt-1/4 ts
- Warm water
- Oil- for deep fry
- Mix Ground beef/ chicken, Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Cumin powder(1/2ts), Turmeric powder(1/2ts), Black pepper, Garam masala powder(1/2ts), Salt in a bowl.
- Take 1 Tbs of oil in a pan and heat it to a medium heat, then add the mix and stir it. Cover it and wait 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then uncover the pan and dry out the water from the cooked ground meat. Then turn off the stove, cool it down to room temperature and mashed it lightly with hand, then set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan to a medium heat. When oil is heated enough add chopped onion and stir it until it become soft. Then add carrot, cabbage, green chili, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well. When all vegetable become soft, add the cooked minced meat and mix.
- Spread tasting salt and soya sauce on the mix and stir it. Then add milk on it and mix it well for 3 minuets. Turn off the heat, take out the fillings from the stove and set it aside.
- Now take the flour in a bowl, add salt and oil, and mix it well.
- Then slowly add warm water and knead the dough. Knead it well until the dough become soft. Divide the dough to small size ball.
- Take one ball of dough on rolling board and roll it with a rolling pin to a 3 inch flat disk.
- Now place some fillings in a line on the middle of the disk. Then cut the side like shown in the picture below. Take one corner of the disk and crossed it on the other side and pinch it to stick. Then take the other corner and crossed it on the opposite corner and stick it. Crossed all the part like this and make it to a fish shape. Following this process make rest of the ball.
- Heat oil in a medium heat. When oil is heated enough carefully put the samosa into the oil and fry it slowly until both side become golden brown. Flip the side occasionally during fry.
- When nice color come out take out samosa from oil on a paper towel and fry the rest.
- Serve your samosa hot with ketcup.