- Flour- 1cup
- Clarified butter/ghee- 2 Tbs
- Baking powder -1/4 ts
- Salt-1/4 ts
- Sugar-1/2 ts
- Nigella seed-1/4 ts
- Warm water- 4 Tbs or as needed
- Oil- for deep fry
- Take flour, baking powder, nigella seed, salt and sugar in a mxing bowl. Add ghee and mix it well so that it incorporated into the flour.
- Now slowly add water and mix. Make a nice smooth dough and divide them into small ball.
- Spread some oil on your rolling board and make ruti from the dough. Make your ruti little thinner than usual ruti. Now cut it into diamond shape or square shape.
- Heat oil in a pan to a medium heat.Put one nimki into the oil, if it sit on the bottom and puffs up, then your oil is hot enough. Now put few at a time and carefully fry them to nice golden color on both side(Do not hurry in frying otherwise it will not be crispy enough). When frying is done, take it out on the paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Now enjoy it. You can preserve it in a airtight container in room temperature(allow them to cool before preserve).