- Basmati rice- 3 cup
- Baby corn – ½ cup
- Cauliflower – ½ cup
- French bean – ½ cup
- Carrot – ½ cup
- Green pea – 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaf – ½ cup
- Cashew nut – 10 pieces
- Yogurt – 2 tbs
- Tomato – 1 (make it paste)
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – around 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 5-6
- Oil or ghee – ¾ cup (ghee is preferable )
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Dried prune – 5-6 pieces
- Salt – 1 and ½ tsp
- Whole spice (cardamom,cinnamon,cloves)- 4 pieces
- Bay leaf – 2 pieces
- Onion paste – 1 tbs
- Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Saffron color- a pinch (mix with 1 ts warm water)
- Wash all the vegetable and cut them into cube size. Then fry each vegetable separately in little ghee with salt & turmeric powder for few min and keep them aside.
- Now wash the rice and keep it in strainer to drain the water. Boil around 6 cups of water in a large pan. Then add the washed rice along with all the whole spices & salt in the water. Cook the rice until it is almost done(around 80%). Then drain the excess water from the rice through a strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan. Add chopped onion and fry until it become golden brown in color. Remove half of the fried onion in a bowl.
- Put all the paste, powder masala and tomato paste into pan; and fry them until oil comes out.
- Now add the yogurt (Tips) and blend it well with the spices.
- Then add the cashew nut and all vegetable; and carefully mix them to coat the vegetable nicely with the masala. Add little water and then cover the pan with a lid. Let them cook for around 5-6 minutes or until the vegetable become tender.
- Add half of the chopped coriander leaf and cook for another minute in low heat.
- Now remove half of the vegetable from the pan and start layering the rice and vegetable for biryani. First add half of the cooked rice on the veggie of the pan, spread few coriander leaf, green chili, fried onion & dried prune on the rice. Then add the remaining veggie (which has removed from the pan) on it and then add the rest of the rice on top of the veggie.
- Add saffron color and ghee on the rice and cover the pan tightly so that no steam can come out. Now let it cook for around 10 minute on very low flame.
- Before serving, carefully mix the biryani from the bottom to top to make an even mix of vegetable and rice.
- Now serve your vegetable biryani hot with kabab or egg korma or anything you like to surprise your guest.
Before adding the yogurt into any kind of hot masala mix, bit it with a form in a separate bowl. Otherwise it may become lumpy and will not blend nicely in the masala.