- Coconut -1 cup+2 Tbs(grated)
- Jaggery (liquid or grated) - 1 cup+1/4 cup (Tips)
- Milk -1 litre
- Almond - 2-3 Tbs chopped (optional)
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamon powder - 1/2 ts (optional)
- Salt - 1/2 ts
- Boil milk in medium heat and allow it to cool down to the room temperature.
- Heat a pan in medium heat. Add coconut and jaggery, stir until it mix properly and no juice remain.
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan with salt (use a heavy bottom pan). Then slowly add rice flour and stir continuously. Heat till there is no water left. Remove from the pan and knead well till the dough become soft, smooth and not sticky.
- Make 32-35 small ball from the dough. Spread the ball a little with a rolling pin. Stuff the mixture into it. Fold it and seal the edges so that filling doesn't come out. (see the picture)
- Now add 1 cup jaggery and 2 tbs coconut into the milk which you have boiled earlier. Add cardamon powder if you. (Tips)
- Boil the Milk in medium heat for 5 minutes and then slowly add puli into it. Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes in medium heat. Stir it occasionally.
- Then turn the heat to low and keep it in low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Now allow it to cool down and then serve.
***You can use sugar instead of jaggery. Also you can use all purpose flour (Maida) instead of rice flour.
***Do not put jaggery into the hot milk if you put then curd will come out from the milk. If you use sugar then put the sugar into the boiled milk.