- Chicken breast (thinly sliced)- 1/2 lb
- Raw papaya paste or meat tenderizer - 1/2 ts
- Cumin powder- 1/4 ts
- Methi (fenugreek) powder- 1 ts
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 ts
- Red chili powder- 1/4 ts
- Black pepper powder- 1/8 ts
- Turmeric powder- 1/8 ts
- Salt- 1/4 ts
- Ginger paste- 1 ts
- Garlic paste- 1 ts
- Tomato ketchup- 1 Tbs
- Chili sauce- 1/2 Tbs
- Greek Yogurt- 2 Tbs (see the Tips)
- Heavy cream- 2 Tbs
- Oil - 1 Tbs + more to brush or spray
- Take all the ingredients except the chicken in a mixing bowl and stir well so that all the ingredients mix well and no lumps remain in the mixture.
- Now add the thinly sliced chicken in the masala mixture and mix well to coat the chicken with masala. Then marinate it for overnight or at least 4-5 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In the mean time skew the chicken in the skewer. (if you are using the bamboo skewers then soak it in water for about half an hour before using it).
- Now brush oil in the baking tray and place the skewer on it. Spray or rub some oil on the top.
- Bake it for about 25-30 minutes. Flip the kabab after the first 15-20 minutes. (If you want you can grill it instead of baking.)
You can use normal yogurt if you want. You can strained the water from the yogurt using a cheese cloth for better use.