- Large Eggplant- 1 (around 400g)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 ts
- Red chili powder- 1/2 ts
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 ts
- Salt - 1/2 ts or to your taste
- Onion (chopped) - 1/4 cup
- Whole Green chili - 3-4 pieces
- Oil - around 6-7 Tbs + 2 Tbs
- Wash the whole eggplant and cut it into around 1 inch thick slices.
- Take all the powder ingredients & salt in a large bowl, add 1/2 ts water and mix them to make a paste.
- Now add the eggplant slices in the bowl and rub all the slices with the masala mix and keep it aside for 5- 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Put the eggplant slice in the oil in one layer (if the pan do not have enough space to hold the slice in one layer, then fry them in several turn). Fry the one side for about 2-3 minutes or until the upper side starting to become little soft.
- Now flip the side carefully and fry it for another 2-3 minutes. In this time the both side should get a nice golden brown color. If you like little more burning flavor in your dish, fry them for another few minutes.
- When the frying is done, take them out on a plate.
- Now heat the other 2 Tbs oil and add the chopped onion and the green chili in it. Fry them until they become soft. Then spread them on top of the fried eggplant and serve with ruti, Khichuri or plain rice.