- Finley chopped Spinach- 1 cup (you can use frozen chopped spinach)
- Grated carrot- 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped onion- 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped Green chili- 1 Tbs or to your taste
- Cumin powder - 1/2 ts
- Besan /Gram flour - 3 Tbs (this amount may vary according to need)
- Rice flour - 1 Tbs (optional)
- Baking Powder- 1/4 ts
- Salt - 1/2 ts or to your taste
- Oil - for deep fry
- If you want to use fresh spinach, first wash them, drain water properly and then chopped them finely. (If you want to use frozen chopped spinach, defrost it and bring it to room temperature. Then squeeze out the water.)
- Take chopped spinach, grated carrot, chopped onion, green chili in a mixing bowl, add salt, cumin powder, baking powder and mix them well.
- Now first add 2 Tbs besan to the mixture and mix them all. Try to make a ball with the mixture, if it breaks down add more besan and mix. Add besan until you can make a ball.
- Heat oil in a pan. When oil is heated enough take your desire amount of mixture, make a ball and carefully drop it in the oil. Put another 4-5 pieces in the oil and fried the both side until it turns to light brown color.(do not hurry during frying otherwise the inner part will remain uncooked)
- When frying is done take them out on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
- Serve your pakora hot with any sauce or ketchup.