- Whole eggplant -1
- Mustard oil- 1 Tbs + 1 Tbs
- Egg - 1
- Grated Ginger - 1/2 Tbs
- Grated Garlic- 1/2 Tbs
- Onion (chopped)- 1/4 cup
- Green chili(chopped)- 6-7 pieces or to your choice
- Coriander leaf(chopped)- 2 Tbs(optional)
- Salt - 2 ts or to yours taste
- Burn the eggplant until it become soft (several ways to burn eggplant) and then keep it aside to cool down.
- Now peel the skin and mesh the flesh nicely.
- Take the mashed flesh in a bowl, add the egg,ginger paste, garlic paste, chopped green chili and salt, and mix all of them very nicely.
- Heat 1 Tbs mustard oil. Add the chopped onion in the heated oil and fry them until the onion become soft and light brown in color.
- Now add the mashed mixture to the pan and stir it to mix the fried onion to the mashed eggplant. Continue to stir that for around 5-6 minutes in a medium heat to dries up the water. Add the chopped coriander leaf, stir for another 1-2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Your dish is ready to serve. Enjoy with plain rice or ruti.
Courtesy:Fahmida Islam Tamanna
(Columbia, SC, USA)