- Thinly chopped cabbage-1/2(6-8cup)
- Potato-1 large(peeled and small cube)
- Turmeric powder-1 ts+1/4 ts
- Green chili-6-7 pieces or according to your taste(slitted from middle)
- Whole red chili-4-5 pieces
- Cumin powder-1 ts
- Ginger paste-1 ts
- Bay leaves-2 pieces
- Panch-phoron(bengali 5 spice)-1 ts
- Sugar-1/2 ts(optional)
- Oil-around 6-8 Tbs
- Salt-1 ts +1/4 ts or according to your taste
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a pan. Add cubed potato. Sprinkle 1/4 ts turmeric powder and 1/4 ts salt to it. Fry until light golden color comes out. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add rest of the oil in the pan. Add panch foron. Stir for a while. Then add bayleaves,green chili and red chili. Fry a little.
- Now add chopped cabbage and rest of the ingredients.Fry the cabbage with the masala for couple of minutes. The cabbage should be nicely coated with the spices. Add the fried potato. Stir well. Cover the pan and cook in lower medium heat until done.
- Before remove from the pan add sugar and mix well. Serve with luci, roti or parata.