- Dried fish-60 gm (any kind of dried fish (like dried shrimp, dried latia fish etc.) can be used. Here we used dried latia fish)
- Kochu/Colocasia root/taro/কচু- 250gm
- Onion paste- 5 ts
- Garlic paste-2 ts
- Ginger paste-2 ts
- Turmeric powder-1 ts
- Cumin powder- 1 ts
- Green chili (Silted )- 10-12 pieces or to your taste
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Salt-1 ts or to your taste
- Cut the fishes into about 1 inch size pieces. Soak the pieces into warm water for around 10 minutes and then wash it and drain the water. Peel kochu properly and wash it well, then cut them into cube size.
- Now pour the oil in a pan and heat it in a medium heat. Add onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili and all powder ingredients to the oil, and stir it for around 5 minutes. When oil starts to separate from the masala put kochu in it and stir it to mix masala with the vegetable. Then add the fish pieces and stir them carefully so that fish pieces can not be broken. You can add little bit water so that masala can not burn out. Keep all this in medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir it occasionally. Then add around 2 cups of warm water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Cover the pan and cook them for about 15- 20 minutes or until kochu become tender. Turn off the heat and serve your curry hot with white rice or ruti.