- Chicken leg-quarters-8 pieces
- Red chili powder-1 ts
- Cumin powder-1/2 ts
- Garam mashala powder-1/2 ts
- Ginger paste-1 Tbs
- Tonduri mashala-2 ts
- Lemon juice-1 and 1/2 Tbs
- Plain yogurt-2 Tbs
- Oil or ghee-4 Tbs
- Salt-1 ts or according to your taste
- Clean and wash chicken properly. Drain water. Slit the meat a little with a kitchen knife.
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Then add the meat to the mixture and mix well so that all the spices give a nice coating to the meat. Keep it for marinate around 2 hours. Take a ovenproof pan(little deep). Brush or spray oil on the pan. Place the chicken pieces in a single layer. Do not add the gravy.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Then place the pan into the oven. After 30 minutes turn over the chicken pieces.(be careful when you turn over the chicken pieces). Wait another around 30 minutes or until the chicken turn to brown and juices dry out. Then turn the oven into broil. Wait for another 5-7 minutes.(time may vary for different oven, so check your tonduri chicken before remove from the oven).
- When chicken turn to a nice brown color, remove them from the pan and serve hot.