- Beef-2 lb
- Onion-2 medium
- Potato-3 medium(cut into 4 pieces and lightly fried)
- Whole red chili-8-9 pieces or according to your choice(slited from middle)
- Ginger-2 Tbs(finely chopped)
- Garlic-2 Tbs(finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds-1 Tbs
- Cardamom-6-7 pieces
- Cinnamon stick-3-4 pieces
- Bay leaves-3 pieces
- Plain yogurt-1/2 cup(optional)
- Oil- around 1/2 cup
- Salt-1 and 1/2 ts or according to your taste
- Cut beef and wash properly. Drain water. Add ginger,garlic,yogurt and salt to the beef. Keep it for marinate about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cardamom,cinnamon stick,bay leaf and cumin seed. Stir for a while. Then add onion,whole red chili and stir until it turns light brown.
- Add beef and stir well to coat with all spices. Cover the pan with lid and cook until all liquid evaporated. Add fried potato and stir around 5 minutes.
- Add around 4 cups warm water and cover the pan with lid. Cook in low heat until beef become tender.