- Hilsha fish- 1 (around 900 gm)
- Ripe sweet pineapple-1/2 (around 500 gm)
- Onion-2 medium(chopped)
- Green chili-7-8 pieces or your choice(slited from middle)
- Turmeric powder-1 ts+1 ts
- Cumin Powder-1 ts
- Garlic paste-1 Tbs
- Lemon juice-2 Tbs
- Mustered seed-3/4 ts(paste)
- Sugar-1 ts(optional)
- Oil-around 1 cup
- Salt-1 ts +1 ts or according to your taste
- Clean,cut and wash hilsa fish properly. Add 1 ts turmeric powder,1 ts salt and lemon juice to the fish. Mix gently and keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- Grate pineapple and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan. Fry fish both side lightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan. Add onion and stir until tender. Add remaining turmeric powder, salt, garlic paste, green chili and cumin powder. Stir around 1 minute. Add pineapple and stir. Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. Add fish and cover the pan with lid. Cook until water almost evaporated.
- Then add mustered seed paste and sugar. Stir gently. Cook another 2-3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Serve Pineapple hilsha curry with white rice or khicuri.