- Whole tilapia-1 (around 2 lb)
- Tomato-2 medium(chopped)
- Onion-2 cup(chopped)
- Turmeric powder-1 and 1/2 ts
- Red chili powder-2 ts or your choice
- Cumin powder-1/2 ts
- Garlic paste-1 ts
- Chili garlic sauce-2 ts(optional)
- Salt-1 and 1/2 ts or according to your taste
- Oil-around 6 Tbs
- Clean and wash the fish.Slit both side of the fish with knife. Put 1 ts salt,1 ts red chili powder and 1 ts turmeric powder in a bowl. Add a little water and mix well. Add the mixture to the fish gently.
- Heat 4 Tbs oil in a large pan. Add fish. Fry the fish in lower medium heat until golden brown. Fry both side of the fish well. Carefully handle the fish when you turn over.
- Remove the fish from the pan and set aside. Add 2 Tbs oil in the pan with remaining oil. Add chopped onion and fry until tender. Add tomato and fry around 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Add 1/2 cup water and bring it to boil.
- Add fried fish to the pan. Spread the gravy with a spoon over the fish. Turn the heat low. Cover the pan and cook around 5 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the pan to a serving dish and serve.