- Potato- 4 (medium size)
- Sugar- 1 cup or your choice
- Ghee/Clarified butter- 3 Tbs
- Milk -1 cup
- Milk powder-2 Tbs
- Cardamom powder-1/4 ts
- Cinnamon powder-1/4 ts
- Almond (chopped)- 2 Tbs+ 1 Tbs(for garnish)
- Raisin- 15 pieces
- Cocoa powder -1 tsp
- Vanilla essence- 1/2 ts(optional)
- Salt-1/4 ts
- Wash and boil potato in medium heat until it become tender. Allow potato to cool down, peel and mash them.
- Heat ghee in a pan in medium heat. Add mashed potato, milk, sugar, cardamom powder and salt, and stir well. Stir occasionally until the mixture start to thicken.
- Then add milk powder, almond, raisin and vanilla essence, and stir continuously.
- Stir it until ghee separates from the potato mixture. Then carefully divide halwa into 3 portions and take out 2 portions on 2 separate plates. (Remember to spread some ghee on plate so that halwa does not stick on the plate.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining halwa in the pan and mix it well in low heat. Then turn off the heat and take it out on another plate.
- Now from the three portion of halwa make 3 thick roti. Then put cocoa powder mix portion on one of the white part and then put another white portion on the top of the cocoa portion. Then press little bit on them so that the three parts can stick together.
- Cut it with a knife(you can spread some oil in your knife to cut your halwa smoothly) to your desire shape. Garnish with almond, raisin and serve.