- Puff pastry sheet- 1 packet
- Ricotta cheese-1/2 cup
- Nut(almond/pistachios/pecan/hazelnut)-1/4 cup(chopped)
- Brown sugar- 1 Tbs(optional)
- Sugar- 2 Tbs or your choice
- Cardamom powder-1/2 ts
- Egg (beaten)-1(for brush on the side of the pinwheel)
- Oil- for spray or brush on the baking tray
- Thawed the puff pastry sheet around 15-20 minutes or until it become ready to handle.
- In the mean time mix ricotta cheese with sugar, nut, cardamom powder and set it aside.
- When pastry sheet is thawed spread some flour on your rolling board, open the sheet from fold and put on the flour. Again spread some flour on the sheet and roll it with rolling pin to make the sheet little thin.
- Now spread the cheese mix on the sheet evenly and then start to fold the sheet from one end and stop at the other end. With little bit water seal the end part.
- With a sharp knife cut the puff roll to a 1.5 inch thick pieces.
- Spray or brush some oil on the baking tray and put the pieces on it. Brush beaten egg on the side of pinwheel.
- Set your oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C, put the baking tray into it and bake it around 30 minutes or until it become nice golden color.
- Then take out the pinwheel and serve hot.