For Malai/Chaana ball:
For Rosh/Creamy sauce:
For Malai/Chaana ball
- Make chaana by following this link. Making Curd/Chaana(ছানা)
- When water is removed from chaana, place it on a mixing bowl. Knead it well to make smooth dough. Then add flour,baking powder, semolina(shuji) and 1 Tbs sugar and knead again. Knead it very well to remove any chunks.
- Make small balls of equal size(see the picture) from the dough and keep it aside.
- Mix sugar and water in a deep large pan and bring it to a boil. When the sugar dissolved, add lemon drop and make syrup to a boil, then add chaana balls into the syrup of pan slowly.
- Bring the heat to medium flame, cover the pan partially with lid and cook around 15-20 minutes.
For Rosh/Creamy sauce
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- Bring boil and then turn the heat in medium.
- Cook until it become almost half. It should be thick and creamy. Stir occasionally to prevent the milk from burning in the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar and cook around another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Allow sauce to cool.
- Carefully squeeze the syrup from the chaana ball with the help of a spoon and add it into the cool rosh/creamy sauce.
- Refrigerate it for several hours before serving.
- You may garnish your rasmalai with sliced nuts.