- Milk - 2 litre( whole milk is better)
- White vinegar/lemon juice-1/2cup
- Water-1/2 cup
- Cheesecloth or any thin white cloth (Cheesecloth is a loose woven gauze-like cotton-cloth used primarily in cheese making and cooking clothe)
- Boil the milk in a deep pan in medium heat. Stir occasionally and make sure not to burn milk in the bottom.
- In the mean time place a colander in the sink and spread a Cheesecloth on it . And also add vinegar with water in a cup and set the mix aside.
- When the milk starts to boil add vinegar mix, then quickly take out the pan from heat, and stir it. When curd/chaana(ছানা) separate from the whey strain it through the cheesecloth. Wash chaana well under cold running water (this process takes out the vinegar flavor from the chana) and then squeeze the chaana in the cloth well and hang it for 1 and half hour to drain out the remaining water.
- Soak the outer part of cloth with a paper towel/kitchen tissue to make sure no water left in chaana.