|For kofta:||For Gravy:|
- Take 1 Tbs oil in a pan and lightly fry fish on both side(if can fish is used frying is not necessary). Cool it down, remove bone and then mash.
- Now fry chopped onion to the light brown color in the pan and add with the mashed fish.( this will give a nice aroma in your kofta)
- Add all other kofta ingredients except oil and mix well. If necessary add binding substance(bread crumb/corn starch/cooked rice/flour) and make round kofta.
- Heat oil in the pan to a medium heat, add kofta into it, wait 2/3 minutes and then flip the other side, and fry both side to a nice brown color. Then take out from oil on a paper towel(kitchen tissue) to soak extra oil.
(you can bake your kofta instead of frying. Preheat oven to 350 degree F, spray oil on the baking tray, place kofta on it and put the tray into oven, bake it for about 20/30 minutes. Flip the side on the middle of time and occasionally check, if nice brown color come out turn off the oven ).
- Now make gravy for the kofta. Heat oil in a medium heat, saute the whole masala(cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bay leaves). Add onion paste, garlic paste, ginger paste, salt and all other masala and stir the mix well. When oil separate from the mix add milk and stir. Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Then put the kofta into the gravy and cover it for 4 minute, then flip to the opposite side of kofta, cover, wait another 5 minutes and then turn off the stove.
- Pour the kofta curry in the serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and fried onion, and serve.