use ready biryani masala mix.
- Cut and wash chicken. Drain water from chicken.
- Add red chili powder, garam mashala powder,cumin powder,coriander powder,ginger paste,garlic paste,jaifal,jaiotri,yogurt and 1 ts salt to the chicken and mix all of them very well. Leave it for marinate around 1 hour.
- Wash the rice. Take 5 cup water in a deep pan and bring the water boil. When the water become boil add rice,2 pieces cardamom,2 pieces cinnamon stick,2 pieces bay leaves and 1 ts salt.
- Cook the rice until 3/4 is done. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add 1 chopped onion and fry until deep golden brown. Remove the fried onion from the pan and keep aside.
- Add the rest of whole garam masala into the pan and stir around 1 minute. Add marinated chicken. Cook it in medium heat around 25-30 minutes or until chicken become tender.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and spread alternate layers of chicken and rice. Carefully end it with rice layer and spread ghee top of the rice.
- Cover the pan with lid. If the lid is not tight seal the edge with flour dough.
- Cook it in low flame around 20-25 minutes. Turn off the burner and leave it for another 20 minutes.
- Spread the fried onion over the biryani.