- Skinless catfish-5 pieces
- Onion-1 medium(chopped)
- Green chili-4 pieces or your choice
- Tomato-1 small(cut into 8 pieces)
- Turmeric powder-1 ts
- Red chili powder-1/2 ts
- Ginger paste-1/2 ts
- Garlic paste-1/2 ts
- Cumin powder-1/2 ts
- Oil-around 3 Tbs
- Salt-1 ts or your choice
- Clean and wash the fish. Add 1/2 ts turmeric powder,1/2 ts red chili powder and 1/2 ts salt to the fish. Mix gently.
- Heat oil into a pan. Add fish and fry lightly. Remove fish from the pan and keep aside.
- Add chopped onion to the oil. Stir. When the onion become soft add green chili,1/2 ts turmeric powder,ginger paste,garlic paste,cumin powder and salt. Stir in medium heat around 1 minute. Add tomato and again stir. When oil comes out by the side of the pan add 1 cup water and cover it with lid.
- When water boil, reduced and become half add fried fish.
- Cook in low heat around 5 minutes. When it looks gravy turn off the burner.