- Masoor dal - 1/2 cup
- Onion (chopped) - 1/4 cup
- Green chili (slit in the middle)- 7-8
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 ts
- Salt- 1/2 ts
- Oil- 2 Tbs
- Coriander leaf (chopped) - 1 Tbs
- Soak dal in water for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it and set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onion, green chili in the hot oil and fry them for few seconds. Then add the dal, turmeric powder and salt; and fry them for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add around 3/4 cup water and cover the pan. Let it cook for around 4-5 minutes or until dal become soft (dal should not be mashed). Spread the chopped coriander leaf and turn off the heat.
- Serve dal vuna with Ruti or Parata.