Serves 4 people.
fat to make ground meat and grind
them 2-3 times so that it become
soft and sticky.Otherwise the kofta
will breakdown during frying.)
- Take the Ground meat in a mixing bowl and add all the kofta ingredients except egg and oil. Mix them well and set aside to marinate for around half an hour.
- Now take half amount of ground meat mixture and flatten it in your palm like a cutlet. Put one hard boiled egg in the center and wrap the meat tightly around it. Repeat this with the other egg and meat. Refrigerate the kofta for around 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan. When oil is heated enough, add one kofta carefully in the oil and fry it until the kofta become light brown color and slightly crispy on the outside. It may take 10 to 15 minutes. When it is done take out on a paper tawel to soak the excess oil. Fry the other kofta in the same way.
- Now heat 1/4 cup of oil in a pan to make the gravy for kofta. Add the chopped onion and fry them until they become light brown in color. Then add all the masala (Gravy ingredients from 2-16) and stir them well. When the oil starts to separate from the masala, add 1/4 cup water and stir it. Then cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes in medium heat. Now add the milk, green chili and ghee/ clarified butter in the gravy and stir it well. Then add the fried kofta in the gravy, add the keoda water, sugar and stir it to coat the kofta with gravy. Then cover the pan and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- When it is done, take out the kofta from the gravy on a serving dish, carefully cut the both kofta in half and then spread the gravy on top of them. Then serve your Nargesi kofta with Polao or any kind of Biryani.