Serve 8-10 people
- Boiled potato - 2 medium size
- Mixed vegetable - 2 cups (carrot, long beans, peas and corn)
- Whole cumin seed- 1/2 ts
- Crushed cashew nuts - 1 Tbs (optional)
- chopped onion- 1/2 cup
- chopped green chili- 4/5 ts or according to your choice
- Ginger paste - 2 ts
- Garlic paste- 2 ts
- Cumin powder - 1/2 ts
- Red chili powder - 1/2 ts
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 ts
- Chat masala - 1 ts (optional)
- Dry mango powder/ amchur powder - 1 ts (if you do not have this add 1 Tbs lemon juice)
- Chopped coriander - 2 Tbs
- Salt - 1 ts to your taste
- Egg -1 to coat the cutlet
- Bread crumb - around 1 cups
- Oil- for deep fry
- Grate the boiled potato and set aside.
- Boil around 3 cups of water. When water start to boil add the mixed vegetables and pinch of salt; and boil them for around 4-5 minutes (for frozen mixed vegetable; boil less than that ). Then drain the water through a strainer and keep aside to cool down. After cool down squeeze the water from the vegetable. Now coarsely mashed the vegetable (do not make paste of vegetable ).
- Heat 1 Tbs of oil in a pan. Add the cumin seed and crushed cashew nuts; and fry them for few seconds. Then add the chopped onion and fry them until the onion become soft. Then add the chopped green chili, ginger paste, garlic paste and fry them for another few seconds. Then add the vegetable (except mashed potato) and fry them till all the water dry up.
- Now take out the vegetable in a mixing bowl, add the grated potato and mix them. Add the cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, chat masala, mango powder, chopped coriander and salt; and mix them well. If it seems there remains little water in the mixture then add little bread crumb to make it dry.
- Now beat the egg with 2 ts water.
- Take small amount of vegetable mixture, press and make your desired shape cutlet. Then deep the cutlet in the egg wash and immediately coat it with bread crumb. Make the rest of the cutlet (keep the cutlet in one layer otherwise they will stick with one another).
- Heat oil in a deep pan. When oil is heated enough carefully put cutlet on the oil and fry the both side until a nice golden brown color comes out.
- Take out the cutlet on a paper towel to soak the excess water.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any kind of chutney. You may also serve this cutlet with biryani.
After coating the cutlet with bread crumb, keep them in freezer for around half and hour and then fry them. This will help to set the bread crumb with the cutlet.