Serves: Around 125-130 pieces
- Take flour in a bowl, add salt and oil/ghee/clarified butter, and mix them well so that oil/butter/ ghee incorporated with flour.
- Now slowly add warm water with flour and knead well to form dough. Knead the dough well to make it smooth. Divide the dough into 3 balls.(for best result cover the dough and keep it for 20 minutes)
- Take one ball on the rolling board and roll it around 1/2-3/4 inch thickness. Cut 3 times from the roti and again cut around 1 inch pieces.(see the picture)
- Repeat the rest of the dough.Keep these covered.
- Heat oil in a deep,heavy bottom pan. Fry goja in a lower medium heat. Fry till nice golden brown color comes out. Drain the extra oil in a kitchen tissue. When you are done with the frying let it cool down.
- In the meantime make the syrup by boiling the sugar and water together.Add cardamom powder. When the syrup become thick check by putting a drop of syrup in a bowl of cold water; if it doesn't dissolve and immediately comes on the surface the syrup is ready.
- Add all the goja and very quickly stir to coat them evenly with the syrup. The syrup will solidify once the goja comes in touch with it.
- When done spread them on greased plates and let it cool down.
- You can store it in the airtight container.