- Coconut-2 cup
- Jaggery/sugar-5-6 Tbs or according to your taste
- Cardamon powder-1/4 tsp (optional)
- Rice flour-1 cup
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Heat a pan in medium heat.Add Coconut,jaggery/sugar and cardamom powder and stir.
- Cook it for 5 minutes or until it get a thick consistency. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Boil 1 cup water in a pan with salt(use a heavy bottom pan). Slowly add rice flour and stir continuously. Heat till there is no water left. Remove from the pan and knead well till the dough soft and smooth and not sticky.
- Make 12 small ball from the dough and make small bowl shape with your hand(see the picture). Put coconut mixture in the middle of the dough bowl and seal the edge.
- You may also spread the ball a little with a rolling pin. Stuff the coconut sugar mixture into it. Fold it and seal the edges so that filling doesn't come out.
- Now it get puli shape like picture.
- Arrange puli in a steamer and steam those for about 10 min.
- In absence of steamer place 5-7 puli in a colander. Boil 1 liter water in a deep pan. Put the colander over the pan and cover the colander with a lid and keep it for 10-12 min.By this time puli gets steamed properly.
- Take it out and let it cool. Steam rest of the pitha in the same process.
- Now it is ready to serve.