- Semolina/ shuji- 1 cup
- Sugar-5 Tbs
- Salt-1/8 ts
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Warm water -1/2 cup
- Egg- 1
- Clarified butter/Ghee-2 Tbs
- Take 3 Tbs of sugar in pan, add 2 Tbs of water, and heat it to a medium flame. Stir it and round the pan occasionally. Stir until the sugar melt and start to turn into deep brown color, then add the rest of water and boil it one time. Then take out this syrup into a bowl and cool it down to room temperature.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, egg into the syrup and beat it well, and set it aside.
- Now take a dry pan, put semolina/shuji on it and roast it to a medium low heat. Stir it continuously.
- When semolina/shuji turn start to turn to light brown color, add Clarified butter/Ghee and mix it well.
- Then add the syrup mix into the semolina/shuji and stir it well, and cover it for 3 minutes.
- In the mean time spread some Ghee or oil on the plate where you serve your halwa.
- After that uncover the pan, stir it. If it become thick enough, take it to the serving plate, flatten it with the back side of a flat spoon evenly. For the nice plane surface also add some ghee or oil on the spoon.
- When done keep it aside to cool down for 20 minutes, then cut it to your desire shape and serve.