- Wash the rice and all dal together and drain water, then set it aside.
- Pour oil in a pan and heat it to a medium heat. When oil is hot put all the vegetable and fry them for 3-4 minutes. During frying spread little bit salt to the vegetable. Then take out them and keep aside.
- Now add the whole masala (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves)in the oil and fry it for 10 seconds and then add onion and fry it till onion start to be brown.
- Then add ginger paste and garlic paste and stir it.
- Then add rice and dal mix, add turmeric powder and salt, and fry it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable and green chili, stir it and then mix the water.
- When water comes to a boil, cover the pan and wait till the rice almost done (approximately 8-10 minute). Stir occasionally.
- Then reduce the heat to low and let the rice to be cooked for another 15- 20 minutes.
- Now your khicuri is ready to serve.