- Pui shak (Basella Leaf / Malabar Spinach)- 200 gram
- Pumpkin (cut in cube)- 1 cup
- Shrimp (medium size)- 7-8
- Chopped Garlic- 1/2 Tbs
- Chopped onion- 2 Tbs
- Green chili (slitted in the middle)- 4-5 pieces
- Whole cumin- 1/4 ts
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 ts
- Salt- 1 ts or to taste
- Sugar- 1/2 ts
- Oil- 2 Tbs
- Wash and chopped pui shak; and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the whole cumin seed and let it temper for few seconds. Then add the chopped garlic, chopped onion; and cook until the onion become soft.
- Add the shrimp, pumpkin pieces, turmeric powder and salt; and fry them for around 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Then add chopped pui shak, green chili; and mix them well.
- Cover the pan and cook till pumpkin become soft.
- Then spread the sugar on top and cook for few seconds.
- Then turn off the heat and enjoy with plain rice.