||For Akhni water:
- Take the water in a large pan, add all the akhni water ingredients in it and boil it. Then let the water to simmer in medium heat until it reduce to around 2 cups of water.
- Then strain the flavored water and preserve it to use in polau (we will use the water not the other ingredients).
- Now wash the rice and keep it on a strainer for around 5 minutes to remove the access water.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan. Add half of the chopped onion and fry them until they become light brown in color. Then remove the fried onion on a plate and keep them aside for future garnish.
- Add the rest of the chopped onion in the ghee and fry them till they become soft. Then add the washed rice, aloo bukhara and raisin; and fry them for 4-5 minutes (a nice aroma of the fried bashmati rice will be spread in your kitchen at that time).
- Then add the flavored akhni water, salt, and sugar; and cook it in medium high heat for 5-6 minutes. After that cover the pan, turn the heat to low and let them cook for around 18-20 minutes.
- Garnish the top with the fried onion and serve the polau.